Friday, March 12, 2010

Half way!

I have been really slacking on updating this. Some crazy wonderful things have happened to distract me from my blogging duties. But I regret to say I have broken a part of my lent promise. I have drank alcohol! The temptation to drink and be merry with my friends was too great to resist. I have had fast food. But only once. And it was three in the morning waiting for my beautiful niece to arrive. I honestly didn’t think I would make it with any of my lent promises. But I still haven’t had any redbull (which I don’t think I mentioned before) or candy or any other real junk food (chips, oreos, twinkies etc). So my will power has a dual personality. On the one hand it has been resilient and consistent on the other hand its been as flaky as the weird uncle that sometimes shows up at thanksgiving. But I can say that I have done better than I thought I would and it really hasn’t been that hard other than a few temptations that were far and in between. I just have to tell the flaky part of my will power that its going to be fired!

2 comments:

  1. Haha ... Bon Jovi is playing in my head right now ... "Ohh we're halfway there..."

    I'm so proud of you - you have so much more willpower than I will ever have! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete